Copy of 2018 Shoots & Results
Click HERE for our 2018 Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot brochure!
There are 5 youth-only Minnesota Youth Shotgun Association chain shoots in 2018. All shoots are 100 16-yard ATA registered targets. Proof of ATA membership is required; memberships may be renewed the day of the shoot, and new youth shooters received their first year of membership free (when signing up in person at an ATA shoot) courtesy of the Minnesota Trapshooting Association!
SCHEDULE FOR 2018
May 5 (Saturday) at Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club (St Cloud)
May 13 (Sunday, yes, Mother's Day!) at Monticello Sportsmens Club
July 22 (Sunday) at Watertown Rod & Gun Club
August 11 (Saturday) at Lester Prairie Sportsmens Club
August 26 (Sunday) at Crow River Sportsmens Club
INFORMATION FOR ALL SHOOTS
- Registration begins at 8:00am, with shooting to begin at 8:30-9:00am, depending upon location. PLEASE NOTE: Shooters participate on a first-come, first-served basis. All shooters who arrive before 10:00am will be guaranteed participation in the event (for you non-early risers, this means you don't have to be in line at 8am to participate! Come before 10:00am and you're in; any later, no guarantees but we'll do our best.)
- Cost is $24 plus $6 (ATA & MTA fees) = $30.
- Shooters must provide own shells. Depending on the location, shells may be available for purchase.
- Shooters are categorized by age based on current AIM guidelines (Pre-Sub, Sub-Jr, Jr, & Jr Gold). Prizes are awarded for 1st & 2nd places, up to 4 classes per category depending on number of category shooters, on a Lewis system. Click HERE for information on how a Lewis class works.
- No shoot-offs. Ties are broken based on front or back runs (a coin is flipped after all shooters have completed the event).
- All prizes are MAILED to shooters within a week of the shoot. This allows shooters to come, shoot, and leave!
- Shooters also receive a dated attendance 1.5" button, upon registering. Each 2018 Chain Shoot has a different button to collect.
2017 results - 392 participants!
April 30 (Sunday) at Monticello Sportsmens Club - COMPLETED, 73 youth shooters!
May 6 (Saturday) at Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club (St Cloud) - COMPLETED, 142 youth shooters!
June 18 (Sunday) at Watertown Rod & Gun Club - COMPLETED, 52 youth shooters!
August 12 (Saturday) at Lester Prairie Sportsmens Club - COMPLETED, 63 youth shooters!
August 13 (Sunday) at Crow River Sportsmens Club - COMPLETED, 62 youth shooters!
#4: lester prairie sportsmens club, august 12 - 63 entries
Thanks to Lester Prairie Sportsmens Club and the 63 youth shooters and their supporters for making mySA's 4th Chain Shoot of 2017 such a successful one! Congratulations to Event Champion Mason Milbrand, a Sub-Junior from Glencoe, MN, who shot 98x100 to take the overall Champion title. A custom embroidered champion ball cap will be made with your name on it and in the mail sometime this week! All prizes will be mailed on Monday, August 14th. Congrats to all winners!
If you haven't shot at LPSC, you're missing out--it's a fantastic venue with great volunteers. Special thanks to Kyle & Arlyn for supporting the Chain Shoot at their location, and for mySA volunteers Tonya, Ryan & Aubrey Sands, Kyle Schibonski, Delaney Scurr (photos), and Arlyn again for making the event run so smoothly. We'll be back in 2018!!
#3: watertown rod & gun club, june 18 - 52 entries
Thank goodness for the cooler weather today, as our 52 youth shooters enjoyed favourable temperatures on this Father's Day Shoot. Belle Plaine junior shooter, Brandon Heitz, shot a 98x100 in the last squad to become the event champion. Huge thank you to Watertown Rod & Gun Club, especially Gary Kubasch, Gene Lack, and Brian Lack for creating such a great environment, and Dan Smith for volunteering at registration, squadding & scoring.
#2: Del-Tone/Luth (St Cloud), May 6 - 142 entries
Beautiful weather and excellent targets led to this year's first 100-straight by Kallista Roers (Alexandria), her first ever! Congratulations to Kallista, today's event champion, and all winners; you will be receiving your trophies in the mail in about week. Please note: Due to the size of the Junior and Sub-Junior categories, class within those two categories will pay out up to 3 places. Super big thanks to photographer Tonya Sands, registration volunteers Bryan Boltjes, Tammy Baloun, Dan Smith, and Brennen Boltjes, scores runner Joe Opitz, and data entry volunteers Evan Marsh, Delaney Scurr, and Aubrey Sands. Extra huge thanks to Jeff Hoppes, 'Money' Mike and all the pullers at Del-Tone/Luth for an outstanding day.
Here are the scores from the day. If you notice your name is spelled incorrectly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make the proper changes--some of the writing can be difficult to read, and we want to make sure it's right! Also, Tonya Sands took over 260 photos--so many that only a few were posted here but you can see them all at our new Flickr account by clicking HERE. Thank you, Tonya!!
#1: Monticello, April 30 - 73 entries
The weather was quite cold, with temperatures hovering around 40 degrees, and the last squads definitely felt the sting of freezing rain, but 73 youth shooters completed 100 Singles targets in outstanding fashion! Congratulations to all winners; you will be receiving your custom embroidered Dri-Duck ball caps in the mail in about week.
Here are the scores and photos from the day (edited 4/30/17 in the Junior Gold category due to data entry error):