2018 Shoots & Results
Click HERE for our 2018 Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot brochure!
There are 5 youth-only Minnesota Youth Shotgun Association chain shoots in 2018. All shoots are 100 16-yard ATA registered targets. Proof of ATA membership is required; memberships may be renewed the day of the shoot, and new youth shooters received their first year of membership free (when signing up in person at an ATA shoot) courtesy of the Minnesota Trapshooting Association!
SCHEDULE FOR 2018
May 5 (Saturday) at Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club (St Cloud) - COMPLETED with 195 participants!!
May 13 (Sunday, yes, Mother's Day!) at Monticello Sportsmens Club - COMPLETED with 71 participants!!
July 22 (Sunday) at Watertown Rod & Gun Club - COMPLETED with 65 participants!!
August 11 (Saturday) at Lester Prairie Sportsmens Club - COMPLETED with 57 participants!!
August 26 (Sunday) at Crow River Sportsmens Club
INFORMATION FOR ALL SHOOTS
- Registration begins at 8:00am, with shooting to begin at 8:30-9:00am, depending upon location. PLEASE NOTE: Shooters participate on a first-come, first-served basis. All shooters who arrive before 10:00am will be guaranteed participation in the event (for you non-early risers, this means you don't have to be in line at 8am to participate! Come before 10:00am and you're in; any later, no guarantees but we'll do our best.)
- Cost is $24 plus $6 (ATA & MTA fees) = $30.
- Shooters must provide own shells. Depending on the location, shells may be available for purchase.
- Shooters are categorized by age based on current AIM guidelines (Pre-Sub, Sub-Jr, Jr, & Jr Gold). Prizes are awarded for 1st & 2nd places, up to 4 classes per category depending on number of category shooters, on a Lewis system. Click HERE for information on how a Lewis class works.
- No shoot-offs. Ties are broken based on front or back runs (a coin is flipped after all shooters have completed the event).
- All prizes are MAILED to shooters within a week of the shoot. This allows shooters to come, shoot, and leave!
- Shooters also receive a dated attendance 1.5" button, upon registering. Each 2018 Chain Shoot has a different button to collect.
#4: Lester Prairie Sportsmens Club, August 11 - 57 entries
Congratulations to all winners and especially to Derrick Van Overbeke, today's Event Champion with a 99x100 at Lester Prairie!! A huge thank you to the volunteers who took on the management of the shoot while we were out of State--Heather, Tony & Hunter Johnson, Allison & Dave Vogel, and Ryan Sands--and did it with ease and efficiency. Thanks also to Lester Prairie Sportsmens Club, Kyle Horsman and Arlyn DeBruyckere for making the volunteers, youth shooters and their families feel so welcome.
Pictures to come tomorrow, along with door prizes, when I get home from Iowa. I loved coaching here today but missed seeing all those kids--looking forward to our last shoot on Sunday, August 26 at Crow River (St Michael)!
#3: watertown rod & gun club, july 22 - 65 ENTRIES
Congratulations to all the winners of today's mySA Chain Shoot at Watertown Rod & Gun Club! We had 65 youth shooters travel from Marshall, Bemidji, Benson, and beyond! A special 'hooray' to Adler Jopp, today's Event Champion, with his first ever perfect score of 100x100.
Here are all the scores and winners from today's event. We'll add photos from the day, as well as door prize winners, later tonight so check back!
#2: monticello sportsmen CLUB, MAY 13 - 71 ENTRIES
Another stellar mySA shoot--71 youth shooters aged 9-22 competed in gorgeous wind-free weather at Monticello Sportsmens Club today. There were more mothers in attendance than normal, being that it was also Mother's Day, as we loved it! Congratulations to Event Champion Garrett Mourning with his 100x100 in the program--woo hoo!!
Here are the event & door prizes winners and a list of all shooters and their scores. Photos will be posted after a couple (probably 3) episodes of The Great British Baking Show and a Mother's Day nap.
#1: del-tone/luth gun club, may 5 - 195 entries
Thanks to Del-Tone/Luth & Jeff Hoppes & crew, along with the record-setting 195 youth shooters and their supporters, for making mySA's 1st Chain Shoot of 2018 such a successful one! Congratulations to Event Champion Kyle Dupont, a Junior from St Michael, MN, who shot 99x100 to take the overall Champion title. A custom embroidered champion ball cap will be made with your name on it and in the mail sometime next week! All prizes will be available at the next Chain Shoot, Sunday, May 13th at the Monticello Sportsmens Club, or mailed (with the exception of the flats of shells--let's talk!) on Tuesday, May 15th.
Volunteers for the day covered all aspects of the shoot. Mucho gracias to Heather Johnson, Tony Johnson, Doug Scurr, Joe Opitz, a great guy running around outside (whose name we can't remember), Dick Berger, Dan Smith, Todd Kobienia, Paul Moe, and all the coaches, parents and friends who helped in ways we don't even know. We are so grateful for your help.